Voluntary hospital indemnity insurance through The Hartford provides a cash benefit in the event of an unexpected hospital stay for a covered illness and/or injury.
You and your covered dependents are paid a set benefit amount, depending on your plan and the length of your stay. And you can use the payment in any way you choose – from medical expenses like deductibles to everyday costs, like housekeeping and child care. Benefits pay for hospital care, including:
- First-day stay (hospital admission)
- Additional days in the hospital
- Days spent in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
Why Do I Need It?
Even if you have one of the best medical plans out there, it’s unlikely that your plan will cover all the costs incurred by a hospital stay. Aside from hospital bills, there may be additional costs attached to time away from home, like meals, travel and lodging expenses for loved ones.
That’s where Hospital Indemnity insurance can help. It can give you the peace of mind to focus on what’s most important – getting better.
In addition to providing a financial benefit, hospital indemnity insurance through The Hartford provides these services to help you focus on your recovery:
- HealthChampion℠ 1, 2 – Unlimited access to administrative and clinical experts who can guide you through your health concerns and care options.
- Ability Assist®1 – 24/7 access to trained professionals and resources for assistance with the financial, legal, and emotional issues that may follow an accident.
- Ability Assist® and HealthChampion℠ services are provided through The Hartford by ComPsych®. ComPsych is not affiliated with The Hartford and is not a provider of insurance services. The Hartford is not responsible and assumes no liability for the goods and services provided by ComPsych.
- HealthChampion specialists are only available during business hours. Inquiries outside of this timeframe can either request a call-back the next day or schedule an appointment.