Accident insurance through The Hartford pays lump-sum benefits for covered injuries and related services. You can use the payment in any way you choose – from expenses not covered by your major medical plan to day-to-day costs of living such as the mortgage or your utility bills.
How Accident Insurance Works
Accident insurance provides benefits for covered accidental injuries, related services and treatments. This may include:
- Diagnostic exams, X-rays and other emergency services
- Initial and follow-up physician visits
- Ambulance transportation
- Bone fractures and dislocation incidents
- Follow-up/recovery services, including physical therapy
- And more
Why Do I Need It?
- Out of pocket expenses add up quickly, since major medical insurance may only pick up part of the tab
- Help ease the unplanned financial burden of an accident
- Complements other insurance you may have, including major medical and disability coverage
- Additional layer of financial protection may make a difference at a time when you and your family need it most
In addition to providing a financial benefit, Accident insurance through The Hartford includes access to professionals who can support you and your loved ones at no additional cost.
- HealthChampion℠ 1, 2 – Unlimited access to administrative and clinical experts who can guide you through your health concerns and care options.
- Ability Assist®1 – 24/7 access to trained professionals and resources for assistance with the financial, legal and emotional issues that may follow an accident.
- Ability Assist® and HealthChampion℠ services are provided through The Hartford by ComPsych®. ComPsych is not affiliated with The Hartford and is not a provider of insurance services. The Hartford is not responsible and assumes no liability for the goods and services provided by ComPsych.
- HealthChampion specialists are only available during business hours. Inquiries outside of this timeframe can either request a call-back the next day or schedule an appointment.
- The Hartford® is The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including underwriting company Hartford Life and Accident Insurance Company. Home Office is Hartford, CT. All benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of the policy. Policies underwritten by the underwriting company listed above detail exclusions, limitations, reduction of benefits and terms under which the policies may be continued in force or discontinued.
- The ACCIDENT POLICY IS A LIMITED ACCIDENT ONLY BENEFIT POLICY. This limited benefit plan (1) does not constitute major medical coverage, and (2) does not satisfy the individual mandate of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) because the coverage does not meet the requirements of minimum essential coverage. In New York: This Accident policy provides ACCIDENT insurance only. It does NOT provide basic hospital, basic medical or major medical insurance as defined by the New York State Department of Financial Services. IMPORTANT NOTICE—THIS POLICY DOES NOT PROVIDE COVERAGE FOR SICKNESS.