Eligibility to participate in Ensign’s benefits program is described below.
Employees of an Ensign-affiliated company who:
- Normally work at least 32 hours per week and have completed their Benefits Waiting Period (see When Coverage Begins below) are eligible for all health benefits.
- Normally work 30 or 31 hours per week and have completed their Benefits Waiting Period (see When Coverage Begins below) are eligible for medical and the Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Legal spouse is your lawfully-wed spouse. If your spouse is eligible for group medical coverage outside of our plan (through their employer), you will pay a $125 surcharge per pay period if you choose to cover your spouse as your dependent on an Ensign Services plan. Common Law Spouse is not an eligible relationship to be covered as a dependent on medical, dental, and vision plans for any state. Domestic partners are also not recognized for any of the BCBS self-funded medical plans. However, Kaiser or SIMNSA are insured plans and may cover a domestic partner.
- Children under age 26, and dependent children of any age who are not able to support themselves due to a physical or mental disability who became disabled before age 26. An eligible child includes your natural child, adopted child, step child or child for whom you have been appointed legal guardianship by a court of law. Children of a covered legal spouse are also eligible for the BCBS self-funded medical plans. If Kaiser or SIMNSA recognizes domestic partner coverage, then children of the recognized domestic partner may also be covered. Newborns must be enrolled within 30 days of birth to be covered.
- You are required to have documentation of your dependent’s relationship to you (such as a marriage or birth certificate) submitted to Ensign within 30 days of your hire date if you are enrolling your dependents in Medical, Dental or Vision coverage. You can submit documentation through Workday inbox or by emailing copies to email@example.com.
|Department heads, nurses, therapists and Service Center/Cornet employees||Benefits* are effective the first of the month after your hire date provided you enroll within 30 days of your hire date. Example: If you are hired January 3, your benefits are effective on February 1, provided you enroll by February 2.|
|Other employees of an Ensign Services-affiliated company||Benefits* are effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment, provided you enroll within 30 days of your hire date. Example: If you are hired May 15, your benefits are effective on August 1, provided you enroll by June 14.|
|Enrolled dependents||Dependent coverage begins at the same time your employee coverage begins, provided documentation of a dependent’s eligibility, such as a marriage or birth certificate, is submitted within 30 days of your hire date.|
|A Word About Short-term Disability||Coverage for short-term disability begins the first day of the month following 1 month after the date you complete your enrollment. Example: If you enroll in short-term disability on May 15, your coverage effective date is July 1.|
* Effective dates for other voluntary benefits are described on the applicable voluntary benefits page.
|Flexible Spending Accounts, Life Insurance and Disability coverage||Coverage ends on the last day of employment.|
|Other benefits||Coverage ends on the last day of the month in which you terminate employment or become ineligible for benefits.|