Severe illnesses often have out-of-pocket expenses that medical insurance doesn’t cover. This coverage pays you a lump sum if you are diagnosed with a covered condition. It can help you worry less about expenses so you can focus on your recovery. You can get coverage for yourself and your family members.
How It Works
If you’re diagnosed with an illness that is covered by this insurance, you can receive a lump sum benefit payment. You can use the money however you want.
Why This Coverage is So Valuable
- The money can help you pay out-of-pocket medical expenses, like deductibles.
- You can use this coverage more than once. Even after you receive a payout for one illness, you’re still covered for the remaining conditions and for the
reoccurrence of any critical illness with the exception of skin cancer. The reoccurrence benefit can pay 100% of your coverage amount. Diagnoses must be at least 180 days apart or the conditions can’t be related to each other.
- Heart attack
- Major organ failure
- End-stage kidney failure
- Coronary artery disease
- Major (50%):
- Coronary artery bypass graft
- or valve replacement
- Minor (10%):
- Balloon angioplasty or stent placement
- Invasive cancer – all breast cancer is considered invasive
- Non-invasive cancer (25%)
- Skin cancer ($500)
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Loss of sight, hearing or speech
- Benign brain tumor
- Permanent Paralysis
- Infectious Diseases (25%)
Download the Unum Critical Illness Insurance Flyer to learn more.
Be Well Screening Benefit
With Unum’s Be Well Benefit, you and other covered family members can receive a valuable incentive for important tests and screenings. Many of these tests are routinely performed, so it’s easy to take advantage of this benefit.
Your Critical Illness Be Well screening benefit is $50.
Be Well Screenings
- Annual exams by a physician including sports physicals and well-child visits, dental and vision exams
- Cancer screenings including pap smear, colonoscopy
- Cardiovascular function screenings
- Cholesterol and diabetes screenings
- Imaging studies, including chest X-ray, mammography
- Immunizations including HPV, MMR, tetanus, influenza
Download the Unum Be Well Screening Benefit Flyer to learn more.