A hospital stay or medical procedure can cost thousands of dollars. You can use this coverage to help pay for the out-of-pocket expenses medical insurance doesn’t cover, such as co-insurance, co-pays and deductibles. You can get coverage for yourself and your family members.
How Hospital Insurance Works
Group Hospital Insurance helps covered employees and their families cope with the financial impacts of a hospitalization. You can receive benefits when you’re admitted to the hospital for a covered accident, illness or childbirth..
That’s where Hospital Indemnity insurance can help. It can give you the peace of mind to focus on what’s most important – getting better.
Why Is This Coverage So Valuable?
- The money is payable directly to you — not to a hospital or care provider. The money can also help you pay the
out-of-pocket expenses your medical plan may not cover, such as co-insurance, co-pays and deductibles.
- You get accessible rates when you buy this coverage at work.
- The cost is conveniently deducted from your paycheck.
- The benefits in this plan are compatible with a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- You may take the coverage with you if you leave the company or retire. You’ll be billed directly.
Who Can Get Coverage
Coverage is available for you (if you are actively at work), your spouse and your children up to age 26. You must have coverage for yourself in order cover your spouse and/or child(ren).
Download the Unum Hospital Insurance Flyer to learn more.